Uses for Olive Oil in Your Beauty Routine
Olive oil has a wide variety of health benefits. Numerous studies have shown that the adherence to a Mediterranean-style diet, which includes a fair amount of olive oil, can do wonders for your health and your weight management.
But olive oil can help you in ways beyond your diet. It is also a highly useful and beneficial ingredient in many beauty products, thanks to its potent antioxidants that have anti-aging benefits. Here are just a few examples of some of the types of beauty products that may provide key olive oil benefits in Ohio:
- Eczema remedies: Perhaps the most common way olive oil is used in beauty products is as a moisturizer in skincare products. For people who suffer from eczema and other dry skin conditions, products that contain olive oil work great at providing much-needed relief. It’s a natural product, too, so you don’t have to worry about the types of chemicals you’re using.
- Shaving cream: Olive oil is occasionally used in shaving cream, but can also serve as a shaving cream substitute. If you run out of cream, you can use olive oil just as well. Plus, with it being a natural lubricant, it will help you avoid razor bumps and razor burn.
- Pre-shampoo hair treatment: Olive oil has been used for treating hair since early human civilizations. To use it as a hair treatment before shampooing, you should warm it up in hot water or in the microwave first, then apply it thickly to your hair and scalp. Let it sit for between 10 and 20 minutes before you shampoo it out. The result will be hair that has a better sheen to it and feels thicker and more luscious.
- Eye makeup remover: You might be under the impression that using olive oil on your face could result in clogging up your pores, but the truth is that it actually adheres itself to other oil-based products on your face. This makes it a great natural means of removing eye makeup that you’d otherwise have a hard time getting off. After using olive oil in this manner, you can wash your face with warm water and a face wash with the proper pH balance.
- Cuticle product: One of the best ways to encourage the growth of strong, long nails is to use olive oil as a cuticle conditioner. You can apply olive oil to your hands while cooking or after washing, which can also help you keep your skin moisturized.
- Diaper rash: Olive oil is also completely safe to use with your babies, and makes an excellent treatment for diaper rash. Babies frequently have issues with diaper rash, and if you don’t have another product on hand, you can simply use olive oil as a natural soother.
These are just a few examples of some of the many ways in which olive oil might be used in beauty and skincare products. For more information about these types of olive oil treatments and other olive oil benefits in Ohio, contact Olivamed LLC today.
Categorized in: Olive Oil Benefits