Any cooking enthusiast will tell you that olive oil is one of the best ingredients for recipes and meal preparation. But what you might not know is that olive oil use can extend beyond the kitchen. Olive oil is often a central ingredient in cosmetic products for a variety of reasons. This post will cover all the olive oil benefits in Ohio and how it can improve your overall skin health:
- Moisturizing effects: A key reason cosmetic brands include olive oil in their products is that it’s a fantastic all-natural moisturizer. Olive oil reduces water loss, keeping skin soft throughout the day. Additionally, hair stylists may use it to soften hair.
- Antioxidant properties: Olive oil is an antioxidant—a substance that prevents the production of cell-damaging chemicals. Regular use of olive oil can prevent premature aging and help fight off cancer-causing cells after sun exposure.
- Vitamin content: Olive oil is also rich in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, which are known to be good for our skin. Vitamin E especially can treat skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Antibacterial effects: Although there isn’t a ton of research behind it, one of the surprising olive oil uses in Ohio is to control bacteria growth on the skin. A study conducted in 2008 found that olive oil was moderately effective in treating Staphylococcus aureus in patients with dry skin.
How to use olive oil
If your current moisturizing products don’t include olive oil as an ingredient, you should supplement it yourself with some at-home remedies. Here’s how you can include olive oil in your daily routine:
- After-sun treatment: Studies performed on mice show that applying olive oil directly to the skin after being in the sun can help prevent tumor growth. Rub olive oil on your skin and blot off any excess oil to help reduce your risk of skin cancer.
- Exfoliator: Another one of the olive oil benefits in Ohio is that it can be used as an all-natural exfoliator. Mix olive oil together with sea salt to treat dry and scaly skin. Fine-grain salt is great for your face, while coarse-grain salt can be used on other parts of your body.
- Eye-makeup remover: Taking eye makeup off each evening isn’t always easy—that is, unless you have a bottle of olive oil handy! A few drops of olive oil applied to a cotton ball will remove eye makeup in an instant, thanks to its ability to break down water-resistant substances.
- Scar treatment: There are plenty of products on the market that claim to reduce the appearance of scars. But there’s no need to do that if you have some olive oil. All-natural olive oil contains the vitamins and antioxidants that help regenerate skin cells and fade scars.
Looking for bulk olive oil?
For the highest-quality olive oil, be sure to shop at Olivamed LLC. Shop online today or give us a call to learn more about some of the most unexpected uses for olive oil in Ohio.
Categorized in: Olive Oil Benefits