Do you enjoy roasted garlic? How about a new way to enjoy this delicious plant? Here’s a mouth-watering recipe from your olive oil supplier in Ohio that will please your taste buds and your guests.
Simple and satisfying
This roasted garlic is so easy to make and so tasty! Be sure to use a robust olive oil like those available through your local olive oil supplier in Ohio. This is crucial to the flavoring. Olive oils that are too weak will not perform well under the heat required for this recipe.
However, once you have a quality oil from your olive oil supplier, this slow-roasting process brings out the sweetness of the garlic cloves and creates a creamy, spreadable roasted garlic recipe that can be used for a variety of tasty dishes.
Uses for olive oil roasted garlic
This delicious olive oil roasted garlic is perfect for sauces, dressings and marinades. You can also spread it on a slice of toasted baguette for amazing flavor. It is also ideal to pair with roasted meats, fish, vegetables, chicken breast, grilled meats, pasta, baked potatoes and more.
What you’ll need
To create this simple but scrumptious olive oil roasted garlic in your Ohio kitchen, you’ll need just two ingredients:
- 7 to 9 whole heads of garlic: Make sure they are firm, and you will need to remove the stem ends. Keep the root end in tact so the bulb does not fall apart.
- 1/3 cup fresh, robust, extra virgin olive oil: For the best results, choose a quality oil from your local olive oil supplier in Ohio.
Simple four-step recipe
- To make your delicious roasted garlic, start by preheating the oven to 400.
- Next, place the garlic heads cut side up in a cake pan, pie tin or other shallow ovenproof pan.
- Then, drizzle each garlic head with roughly two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally, seal the pan with aluminum foil and bake the garlic for 35 to 40 minutes. It is ready when the garlic is golden brown and soft.
How to choose a quality olive oil
As you gather your key ingredients for your roasted garlic, it’s important to keep in mind that not all olive oil is created equal. Consult with an Ohio olive oil supplier to get the best oil for your recipe.
As you select an oil, two tips are helpful to keep in mind. For the best flavor, always choose extra virgin oil. Secondly, choose oil that is bottled in dark glass or metal. The material should also be opaque. This is because exposure to light and heat makes olive oil quality deteriorate quickly.
We know our oils
Liquid Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is home of the incredible, edible oil! We are a local, privately owned business in southeast Ohio that specializes in olive oil distribution. We carry a variety of oils, including olive, extra virgin olive, canola, soy and sunflower, so our clients can blend to create their own signature brand. Contact us today with any questions, and our olive oil experts will be glad to help.
Categorized in: Recipes